Rum Cherry Pastry Puff “Thanksgiving Special”
- Leave a Comment
- 1 Pastry Puff dough
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can of pitted cherries, drain cherries reserve cherry juice
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of pectin
- Whipped cream
- Place saucepan of low heat add unsalted butter.
- Once butter has melted, add 1/2 cup of raw sugar, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar, reserved cherry juice, juice of one medium orange, 2 tablespoons of rum, and vanilla bean paste from one vanilla pod.
- Also add empty vanilla pod to mixture, allow mixture to reduce for 15 minutes.
- Add cherries, continue to cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add 1 1/4 tablespoons of pectin, cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool.
- Roll out pastry puff, cut into 3 rectangle sections.
- Remove one of the three sections and fold sides in, follow this process with the other rectangles.
- Using your thumb place an indent into the middle of the pastry puff.
- Add one spoonful of cherry jam in the middle
- Place uncooked cherry puffs on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven allow to cool.
- Finish with a generous amount of whipped cream.