Vegetarian Pot Pie “Thanksgiving Special”
- Leave a Comment
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust (2pack)
- 1 cup of Brussel Sprouts, remove bottom stem
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1 leak, rinsed to remove excess dirt
- 1 large red potato
- 1 large Yukon gold potato
- 1 tomatillo
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 4 oz of mild goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of home made Sofrito (ingredients and directions below)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Arrange chopped vegetables onto baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive and sprinkle sea salt and black pepper
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes at 425 degrees
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt into a pot of boiling water, add chopped potatoes to water cook until soften
- Spray pie dish with Pam baking spray.
- Roll out Pillsbury pie crust add flour to each side and carefully mold pie crust dough onto pie dish
- Place second pie crust dough on silicon mat, using fall cookie cutters, cut out shapes
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven
- Drain potatoes
- Arrange 4 tablespoons of butter on the bottom of pie crust
- Place potatoes on top of butter
- Followed by roasted vegetables, homemade Sofrito, chopped goat cheese and green onions.
- Cover pie with cut out shapes of pie dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove pie from oven when there’s 10 minutes to spare, gently brush melted butter to cover the top of pot pie.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of small tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Add above ingredients to a small sauce pan, simmer for about an hour till all ingredients reduce.